cell structure and functions (POST 1)

Good morning boys! Welcome to the first class of science.
The lesson we are going to study is  - CELL-STRUCTURE AND FUNCTIONS.
You have learnt in your earlier classes that
. CELL is the basic structural and functional unit of life.

LEARNING OUTCOMES OF THIS CLASS
By the end of this lesson you will be able to-
.name the scientist who discovered cell.
.distinguish between unicellular and multicellular organisms
.give examples of unicellular and multicellular organisms

 All livings things are made up of cells that are so tiny that they can only be seen under a microscope. Cell was discovered by ROBERT HOOKE,when he was observing thin slices of cork under a microscope.
A single cell is capable of performing all biological activities in any living organism.

DEPENING ON THE NUMBER OF CELLS ORGANISMS CAN BE GROUPED AS FOLLOWS-
# UNICELLULAR ORGANIMS - These are organisms that consist of only one cell . Example, amoeba
# MULTICELLULAR ORGANISMS- These are organisms that consist of many cells . Examples-algae, plants,animals.

CELLS DIFFER IN SIZE-
In multicellular organisms cells differ in size. For example
- The egg of an ostrich is about 7 cm ( it is the largest )
-The unicellular  alga ,Acetabularia , has a length of 10cm.
Remember ! THE SIZE OF A CELL HAS NO RELATIONSHIP WITH THE BODY SIZE OF THE ORGANISM , it is only related to its function. For example, the nerve cells, both in rat and elephant are long and branched and perform the same function.

DIIFERENT CELLS HAVE DIFFERENT SHAPES ( the shape of a cell is related to its function)

For example AMOEBA is irregular in shape , NERVE cell is long , branched  and has thread like projections.

https://youtu.be/vduncK7yMsQ

HOMEWORK

1. Read pages126-128 of your reader.

2. Learn the definitions of (i) cell  ( ii) unicellular organisms (iii ) multicellular organisms


Comments

  1. Good morning boys...Work to be done in the notebook will be sent in the evening .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning boys...Work to be done in the notebook will be sent in the evening .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning ma'am I'm akshat Rauthan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ma'am i am Rohan Bisht

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Ma'am my name is varun negi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning ma'am. I'm ALEN SALVI

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning ma,am I am ronak pk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning mam Anas Ahmad here

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning mam am Prabhgun Singh Chopra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning mam Anas Ahmad here

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning ma'am I am Amaan Richard

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning mam I am Akash Dcosta

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning ma,am I am ronak pk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning ma'am . I'm Ojas Punj

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Ma'am.
    I am Achyut Tripathi of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  16. God morning ma’a I am Ojas Sabherwal

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning mam I am Tumeti Sushaun Joel

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning mam am Prabhgun Singh Chopra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning mam. This is DEEPENDRA KUMAR SINGH.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good Morning Mam. Mohit Kumar,.8D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning mam.I am krishna ghosh of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning Ma’am I am Janav Jain

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning ma'am I am Riddhesh S. Lodhi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning Ma'm, I am Jonathan

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning mam I am Ashaan Anurag lall

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning ma'am.My name is Hitesh Vijay Nitnaware.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning sir, my name Shaun Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning ma'am I'm Maanvik Sood. I was not able to access the blog at the correct time since there was a problem with my internet

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good Morning Ma'am, I am Kartik of 8th D

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning ma'am
    My name is Aarush

    ReplyDelete
  31. "HOMEWORK

    1. Read pages126-128 of your reader."


    Ma'am, I haven't got the book yet. Can you please provide scanned copies of these pages...

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good evening ma'am, I am gurdev singh, class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good morning, name is Shaun Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  34. My name is Hitesh Vijay Ninaware.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Good morning ma'am I am Tumeti Sushaun Joel of class 8d

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

lesson -cell structure n function ( POST 2)

LIGHT-POST 2

lesson- cell structure and functions (post -5)