LIGHT-(P0ST-1)

CLASS 8 CHAPTER 16
Light

“If you are the light, you cast away the darkness.” ManHee Lee😊 

Dear Learners,

Happy Learning!😊

At the end of today topic, you will be able to:
1. Define Light.
2. Expain  Reflection of Light and terms related to it.
3. state the laws of reflection.

Important Instructions: 

1. Make the new entry of the chapter in your index.
2. Start the chapter from a  fresh page. 
3.Diagrams need to be drawn with pencil and should be well labelled.

Lets begin!

 click on the link below for an introduction to LIGHT.


We see a variety of objects  around us. However, we are unable to see anything in a dark room. On lighting up the room, things become visible. 

What makes things visible???

During the day,  sunlight helps us to see object. An object reflects light that falls on it. This reflected light is received by our eyes, enabling  us to see it.

Light is an invisible  form of energy that enables us to see things around. We  can see  luminous bodies even in the dark because they emit light whereas the non-luminous bodies cannot be seen in dark. 

Luminous and Non-luminous Objects:


Here, we need to understand that when light falls on an object or any surface, it may pass through it, it may get absorbed by it or it may bounce back after striking the object or surface.

A highly polished surface, such as a mirror, reflects most of the light falling on it. This is called as reflection of light.

Reflection of Light: Bouncing back of light rays after hitting any surface is called reflection of light

  A ray of light falls on a flat mirror and gets reflected from it,and follows  the laws of reflection

Laws of Reflection:

Law 1: The angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection. (∠i = ∠r)
Law 2: The incident ray, the reflected ray and the normal lie on the same plane.



Link for Laws of Reflection: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFgSHRCRa6k

Terms related to reflection of light-

1. Incident ray of light: The ray of light which falls on an object is called Incident ray of light.

2. Reflected ray of light: The ray of light which gets bounced back or reflected from the surface of an object is called reflected ray of light.

3. Angle of incidence: The angle between the incident ray and the normal at the point of incidence is  called angle of incidence ∠i.

4. Angle of reflection: The angle between the reflected ray and the normal is called angle of reflection ∠r.

Experimental Proof for Law of Reflection: 


. Click on the following link for more details.



Home Assignment:
1. Read page no 247, 248, 249


ASSEST QUESTION


  A ray of light is incident towards a plane mirror at an angle of 30-degrees . What will be the angle of reflection?

a) 30 degrees  b)70 degrees c) 50 degrees
d) 0 degrees


Comments

  1. Good morning Ma'am. I'm Ojas Punj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning ma'am I am ABHAY SINGH UPMANYU of 8D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning ma'am I am abhishek sharma

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ma'am. I am Ronald Jo Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning mam I am vishnu Vardhan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning mam I am Ashaan Anurag lall

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning mam. I'm Mohit Kumar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning ma'am....
    I am Aarush of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Maam I am ARPIT JONATHAN PILLAY

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning Ma'am I am Varun negi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning ma'am I'm akshat Rauthan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning mam I am kartik of class 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning mam I am Akash Dcosta 8D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning mam I am simon joseph

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning ma'am I am Rohan Bisht

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good morning , my name is Shaun Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning , my name is Prabhgun

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning mam I am Anas Ahmad

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning ma'am I am Tumeti Sushaun Joel of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning ma'am this is Maanvik Sood

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning ma'am I am Riddhesh S. Lodhi of class 8th D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning mam I am Isaac Visscher class 8 D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning Ma'am I am Achyut Tripathi

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning ma'am I am aditya khare

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning maam I am Shaurya khatri

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning ma'am I am Aron haokip 8 D

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good Morning ma'am , I am Ojas Sabherwal

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning ma'am, I am Gurdev Singh Class 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Good morning mam daksh martin here

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good afternoon ma'am I am Amaan Richard

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good afternoon Ma'am I am Himalay Umarwal

    ReplyDelete
  33. Good afternoon mam I am Suman Kumar Purkait

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

lesson -cell structure n function ( POST 2)

LIGHT-POST 2

lesson- cell structure and functions (post -5)