LIGHT-POST 2

Dear Learners,

BOYS, WE HAVE A GOOGLE MEET FROM 9am -9.20 am, PLEASE ATTEND IT(THE MEET ID HAS BEEN POSTED ON YOUR CLASS GROUP). AFTER 9.20 ,READ THE BLOG.

In the previous blog, we have learned about light and reflection of light. Let me help you to recall few important points

1. Light is a form of energy that enable us to see.

2. There are two laws of reflections. 

Today, we will be learning about regular and irregular reflection, real and virtual images.


Happy Learning!😊

At the end of it, you will be able to:
1. Differentiate between regular and irregular reflection.
2. Differentiate between real and virtual image.


so, lets start the chapter.........

When a ray of light falls on a reflecting surface, it get reflected. the amount and the direction of the light reflected depends on the nature of the surface. Depending upon the nature of the reflecting surface, there are two types of reflections.


REGULAR AND IRREGULAR REFLECTION:

Regular Reflection: When a ray of light falls on a smooth reflecting surface e.g. a mirror, it gets reflected along a particular direction. A smooth surface gives a sharp and clear image. Reflection of light from a smooth mirror is called regular reflection.


Irregular Reflection: When light rays fall on an irregular or rough reflecting surface, they get reflected in different directions. In irregular reflection, the reflected light falls over a larger area and the image formed is not sharp and clear. This type of reflection is called irregular or diffused reflection.



You must have observed that, you see your clear image in mirror whereas blurred image on paper or on wall or on water because reflection of light from a wall, a paper and many other common objects is irregular or diffused reflection whereas reflection of light from a mirror is regular reflection.



I am sure you all have seen yourself in mirror and you all must have visited malls to see a film. Do you know there is difference in the image formation in both cases. Let us study that.


REAL AND VIRTUAL IMAGES

Real Images: When the rays of light after getting reflected from a mirror actually meet at a point, a real image is formed. A real image can be obtained on screen. The image which can be obtained on a screen is called a real image. A concave mirror gives a real image if the object is placed at its focal point or beyond.


Virtual Image: When the rays of light after getting reflected from a mirror appear to meet at a point, a virtual image is formed. Image can be seen through a mirror but cannot be obtained on a screen. The image which can be seen only into a mirror but cannot be obtained on a screen is called a virtual image.


I hope you all are clear  about regular and irregular reflection, real and virtual image, characteristic of image formed by plane mirror.

Home Assignment
1. Read Page no 250, 251, 



Comments

  1. Good morning ma'am I'm akshat Rauthan class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning ma'am .I am Ronald Jo Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning ma'am I am ABHA SINGH UPMANYU of 8D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ma'am, I am Gurdev Singh Class 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning ma'am I am Riddhesh S. Lodhi of class 8th D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning ma'am. I'm ALEN SALVI of class 8-D.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning mam I am Isaac Visscher class 8 D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning mam I am Akash Dcosta 8D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning mam....
    I am aarush of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning ma'am l am Aron haokip

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning ma'am I'm Zulqar nain of class 8 D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Ma'am I am Achyut Tripathi of class 8 D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning mam. This is DEEPENDRA KUMAR SINGH.8-D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning ma'am I am abhishek sharma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Maam I am ARPIT JONATHAN PILLAY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good Morning ma'am , I am Ojas Sabherwal of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning ma'am my name is Shaun Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  18. good morning ma'am, this is Maanvik sood

    ReplyDelete
  19. GOOD MORNING BOYS! IT WAS LOVELY SEEING SOME OF YOU ON THE GOOGLE MEET WE JUST HAD. I HAVE WONDERFUL SET OF BOYS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Good morning mam I am Ashaan Anurag lall

    ReplyDelete
  21. Good morning mam I am kartik of class 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good morning ma'am I am Tumeti Sushaun Joel of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good morning ma'am I'm Ojas Punj

    ReplyDelete
  24. Good morning ma'am I am Rohan Bisht

    ReplyDelete
  25. Good morning ma'am I am aditya khare

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good morning maam..
    I m Anas ahmad

    ReplyDelete
  27. Good morning mam I am vishnu Vardhan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

lesson -cell structure n function ( POST 2)

lesson- cell structure and functions (post -5)