LIGHT-POST 3

Light
Day 3


Dear Learners,

Before you learn more about light, click on the link given below and do this assessment from the chapter- cell-structure and functions

https://forms.gle/C3ECzxrfNBscUyVRA



In the previous blog, we have learned about light and reflection of light. Let me help you to recall few important points

1. Regular and Irregular reflection.

2. Real and Virtual Image.


Today, we will be learning about Characteristic of image formed  by a plane mirror and the  Ray diagram for the formation of image by a plane mirror.


Happy Learning!😊

At the end of it, you will be able to:
1. tell the characteristic of image formed by plane mirror.
2. explain ray diagram for the formation of image by a plane mirror.
3. draw the ray diagram for the formation of image by a plane mirror.

But, before we start the chapter you all should read page no 252, 253 of your text book. By doing this, it will be easier for you all understand the topic well.

So, lets start the topic.........

(A) RAY DIAGRAM FOR THE FORMATION OF IMAGE BY PLANE MIRROR

To construct a ray diagram for the formation of an image follow the rules:

1. A ray of light falling on a plane mirror at 90° (perpendicular) gets reflected back from the mirror by the same path.

2. A ray of light falling on a plane mirror at any angle gets reflected from the mirror such that the angle of incidence is equal to the angle of reflection.




(B) IMAGE OF A POINT OBJECT IN A PLANE MIRROR

1. Let us consider a point object O placed in front of a plane mirror MM'.
2. We consider two rays of light OA and OB falling on the mirror at points A and B.
3. The rays rays after reflection, get reflected along AC and BD.
4. The reflected rays appear to come from point I. 
5. The point I is the image of point object O.



(C) IMAGE OF AN EXTENDED OBJECT IN A PLANE MIRROR
1. Let us consider an object OO' placed in front of a mirror MM'.
2. Rays OA, OB start from the top of the object get reflected after striking the mirror. 
3. The reflected rays AE and BF appear to come from the point I. The point I is the image of the top of the object.
4. Rays O'C and O'D start from the lowest point of the candle get reflected after striking the mirror.
5. The reflected rays, CG and DH appear to come from point I'. The point I' is the image of the foot of the candle.
6. The II' is the image of the object OO'. 




From this diagram, we can conclude that-
The image in a plane mirror is (i) virtual, (ii) of the same size as the object,   (iii) laterally inverted, (iv) as far behind the mirror as the object is in front.

i hope the part that we have discussed above is clear to you all. Now let us move to next topic.


Home Assignment
1. Read page no 252, 253, 254.
2. Do MCQ's A-1,A-2,One word B-1,B-2 given on page 263 in your note book.

Comments

  1. Good morning ma'am I am Alan Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning mam I am Akash Dcosta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning ma'am , I am Ojas Sabherwal

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning ma'am I'm Ojas Punj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Ma'am I am Achyut Tripathi

    ReplyDelete
  6. GOOD MORNING BOYS! DO THE ASSESSMENT FIRST AND THEN READ THE BLOG ON LIGHT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good afternoon Ma'am I am Tumeti Sushaun Joel of class 8D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning ma'am I am Rohan Bisht

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning ma'am I'm akshat Rauthan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good morning mam I am kartik of class 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good morning ma'am, I am Gurdev Singh Class 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good afternoon mam. This is DEEPENDRA KUMAR SINGH. 8-D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good morning ma'am. I'm ALEN SALVI.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning ma'am I am abhishek sharma

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good morning Maam I am ARPIT JONATHAN PILLAY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Good afternoon ma’am I am Shaurya Khatri

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning ma'am I am Ronald Jo Joseph

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good morning , my name is Shaun Dsouza

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good morning ma'am I'm Zulqar nain of class 8 D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

lesson -cell structure n function ( POST 2)

LIGHT-POST 2

lesson- cell structure and functions (post -5)